Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014 Cuttin' and Stampin' Design Team BLOG HOP


 Can you believe Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge Blog has been going for over a year now? It has gone by so fast and we have had so much fun creating and sharing projects with you.  Starting the first of the year we decided to make a few changes.  These changes include bringing you different types of projects, and to do that we needed increase the number of members on the team.  We also decided to split the team in to two.

Today we are introducing the Orange Team.

Be sure to stop by each of them and welcome them to our 2014 Design Team.  We will have a drawing for each day of the hop.  Just leave a comment below and at each stop along the way.  We will announce blog winners on Friday along with our regular weekly winners

  If  you came here from the  Lynda's Wonderful Blog you are in the right place!  Doesn't she do amazing work?  What a talented lady!!!

 As many of you know I LOVE PROJECT LIFE... and I don't know about you, but I personally have  more project life cards ( homemade and store bought) than I will ever be able to use. ( Hi, My name is Courtney and I am a Project life ADDICT) So I decided to try to think of some OTHER things I could do with my cards, besides just using them in my albums. With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I have been working on an activity that I can do with my family to "spread the love" of the holiday around.  I decided to make a mailbox for each member of our family that we can use to "send" each other love notes in!  Of course, my mailboxes are not very big, so what do you think works GREAT as our little "notes"...PROJECT LIFE CARDS!  Starting Today ( February 1st), I will have a small stack of cards, along with some cute stickers, gel pens, and embellishments, in my kitchen so that if anyone wants to take a few minutes to create a card for someone they can.   Each night I will be adding my own "love note" to everyone's mail box for the morning!  I think it is such a fun way to express your appreciation for someone and get a little creative in the mean time ( Yes, I am ALWAYS looking for an excuse to get creative!)


I bought my small mailboxes at Target and decorated them with vinyl from Expressions Vinyl.  The awesome Project life cards came from Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supply Store, which is also where I picked up the enamel dots, wood veneers, and stickers that I left out for my family to decorate their cards with.

Next stop on our awesome fantastic amazing blog hop is Cathy! Jump on over and get inspired!!!





18 comments:

  1. Fun project! Welcome to the C&S team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney, what a fun project and great use for Project Life cards!! Welcome to the C&S team. Hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney - welcome to the Orange team - that looks like much work there with the banner and mailboxes - you did a great job - thanks for the hop - happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun way to celebrate valentines day. Thank you for all your hard work and creativity.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea to fill those mailboxes! Great banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such an awesome idea!! then noone has an excuse not to share the love :) And it gives you an excuse to craft any time..love it. I am now a follower and look forward to being on the team with you
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Love the banner - and really love those clever little mailboxes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the team. Love thecproject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Valentines Day (and days leading up to it) idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I just became a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and fun! :) Excited to be on this DT with you!

    hugs,
    JoAnn
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Courtney,
    Just love your idea! What a splendid way to spread the love of Valentine's Day! Look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super idea for uplifting your family and them doing the same! And I too love my PL cards, but I think you have me on as many as you have!! LOL! But seriously love the cute little mailboxes all in a row for everyone! Terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete